SMOKED BEEF JERKY
- 3-4 lbs Flank Steak – use minimum USDA Choice Beef – Cut the steaks in half and then cut with the grain into 1/4" strips... (Use a sharp knife and it will cut easily. If you are having problems, you can freeze the meat slightly so you can easily cut it into strips.)
- 2/3 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 2/3 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 TBS Golden Toad Prime Steak Rub
- 2 TBS Crushed Red Pepper (Chile Pequin)
- 2 TBS Honey
- 2 tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1/4 tsp curing salt (optional)
- Marinate strips of Flank Steak in a gallon zip lock bag for 2-3 hours.
- Arrange in single layers on wire racks on sheet pans.
- Smoke on low (180 °F) for about 6 hours - or to your preferred done-ness…
- I like mine a little on the softer side, with a little moisture left, not overcooked crunchy chips. I smoke mine on a Fast Eddy FEC-100 using a combination of Cherry and Hickory pellets.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.