SMOKED BEEF JERKY
- 3-4 lbs Flank Steak – use minimum USDA Choice Beef – Cut the steaks in half and then cut with the grain into 1/8"-1/4" strips... (Use a sharp knife and it will cut easily. If you are having problems, you can freeze the meat slightly so you can easily cut it into strips.) I like to cut with the grain for this recipe. If you prefer, try cutting some against the grain and see which you prefer most.
- 2/3 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 2/3 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 TBS Golden Toad Prime Steak Rub
- 2 TBS Crushed Red Pepper (Chile Pequin)
- 2 TBS Honey
- 2 tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1/4 tsp curing salt (optional)
- Marinate strips of Flank Steak in a gallon zip lock bag for 2-1/2 hours.
- Arrange in single layers on wire racks on sheet pans.
- Smoke on low (180 °F) for about 5 to 6 hours - or to your preferred done-ness…
- I like mine a little on the softer side, with a little moisture left, not overcooked crunchy chips. I smoke mine on a pellet grill using a combination of Cherry and Hickory pellets for about 5 to 5-1/2 hours.