FIRE GRILLED ARTICHOKES WITH BBQ AIOLI
- Golden Toad Prime Steak Rub
- Olive Oil
- BBQ Aioli
- Trim Artichokes by cutting top off and trimming leaves and stalk.
- Squeeze 1/4 lemon over each artichoke.
- Steam in large covered pot for 30 minutes.
- While Artichokes are steaming, prepare BBQ Aioli by mixing all ingredients except the mayo in a blender to puree the garlic. Then add the mayo and blend to incorporate well.
- Remove Artichokes and let cool to the touch.
- Cut each Artichoke in half and clean out center choke.
- Brush with olive oil and season with Golden Toad Prime Steak Rub
- Heat your grill to high. I like to grill these over hardwood charcoal. But a gas grill will work.
- Grill Artichokes starting cut side down for about 2-3 minutes each side until nice grill marks form. These can take a lot of grilling, so don't be afraid if the leaves start to char up. The Artichoke meat will still be fine. I typically grill mine for 6-10 minutes at 650 degrees.
- Remove from grill, plate, and serve with a side of the BBQ Aioli for dipping.