GOLDEN TOAD'S JERK CHICKEN
If you like your Jerk Chicken with a little bit of heat, this is the dish for you. With a handful of ingredients and our Smokin' Hot Jerk Rub, you'll feel like you've been transported to the Island of Jamaica.
Prepare the marinade and marinate the Chicken in the morning, or night before, and then simply grill when ready. It's a very simple but delicious recipe. Here's the skinny...
- 2-½# - 3# Chicken Legs and Thighs
- ⅔ cup Golden Toad Smokin' Hot Jerk Rub
- ¼ cup EV Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Lime Juice
- 1 TBS Soy Sauce
- 1 TBS Golden Toad Orange Habanero Pepper Sauce
- 4 Green Onions, sliced, green and light green parts
- 1 tsp Garlic (Christopher Ranch Chopped in Oil)
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste
- Fresh Lime Wedges
- Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- Mix all Marinade ingredients together in a 1 gallon zip lock bag.
- Place Chicken in bag with Marinade and refrigerate for at least 6 hours to overnight.
- About an hour before you are ready to eat, start hardwood charcoal in a charcoal chimney, and take the bag of chicken out of the fridge to start taking the chill off of it. You can prepare this on a gass grill, but in my opinion, it is so much better over hardwood charcoal.
- When your charcoal is nice and hot, put it into your grill to preheat.
- Grill Chicken Thighs until cooked through. Use a good Thermometer. I don't rinse the marinade off the Chicken as I like the rustic char and crust that is formed during grilling.
- When cooked, season the Chicken with more Golden Toad’s Smokin' Hot Jerk Rub (optional). Squeeze fresh limes over the Chicken and top with chopped Cilantro.
- Serve with your favorite sides including our Orange Habanero Pepper Sauce for those of you looking for even more heat... Try Jamaican Peas and Rice, Grilled Corn on the Cob, Roasted Garlic Potatoes, Sweet Potato Fries, Grilled Pineapple, and/or a nice Mango Salsa.
Leave a comment (all fields required)