GOLDEN TOAD'S PICKLED RED ONIONS
My Pickled Red Onions are great on my BBQ Street Tacos, Burgers, Sandwiches, Wraps, and Salads. This recipe is so quick and easy, and they keep so well in the fridge, that I am sure you will be keeping a few jars around at all times.
- 2-3 med-large Red Onions, sliced
- 3 cups Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 cups Distilled Water
- ¼ cup Pickling Salt
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 4 tsp Black Peppercorns (1 tsp per jar)
- 1 tsp Yellow Mustard Seed (¼ tsp per jar)
- ½ tsp Ball Pickle Crisp Granules (Calcium Chloride) (⅛ tsp per jar)
- Add Black Peppercorns, Yellow Mustard Seeds, and Calcium Chloride Granules to 4 wide mouth pint sized mason jars.
- Slice red onions and fill 4 wide mouth pint mason jars to about ½” from top.
- Heat apple cider vinegar, water, salt, and sugar to a boil.
- Ladle into jars, seal with new lids, turn upside down, and let sit for 30 minutes. Turn right side up and let them sit until they come to room temperature.
- Transfer to the refrigerator to store. They will last for weeks in the fridge.